Monday, 17 December 2018

Dear mum,

I just thought I would share this with you........

Writing was always a nightmare for me.
Why? 
Because I struggled to find the words. I found it hard work putting pen to paper, constructing my thoughts into words and sentences that felt right, or said what I wanted to say. More often than not I would put it off, as I felt a weighty knot in my stomach pull me away.
'I can't do this!' very much alive within me.
I HATED doing composition at school never knowing what to write. My mind stuck on the title or the opening sentence we had been given, unable to move on from it. I have often likened it to puling teeth over the years. How I ever passed my English language 'O' level I never knew - maybe I wasn't as bad at it as I thought!
Over the last 20 years or so a lot has changed for me, especially around writing and words. And so I find myself wondering about other people's experience of writing - now and especially at school.............
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Mum and Dad I heard this the other day on an Aurora Teagarden movie:- 'It's when things go wrong that you especially need to...